For those who want a smaller phone with all the efficiencies of good smartphones, Apple announced new Apple iPhone SE. The new iPhone SE will be the smallest smartphone in Apple’s present listings and even the first smartphone to be released with a screen smaller than 4.7.
“Some people simply love smaller phones. And the 4in phone is often their first iPhone. Some people asked and pleaded with us. So we’re calling it the iPhone SE, our most powerful 4in phone ever”, said Greg Joswiak, VP of product marketing for Apple.
Key Points of Apple iPhone SE
- iPhone SE comes with a metal body with 4inch screen.
- Touch ID fingerprint scanner and a flush camera lens are the unique features, unlike Apple’s most recent iPhones.
- The phone will be available in white, black, gold and rose gold.
- The look of the device is similar to the iPhone 5S. However the inside resembles an iPhone 6S that uses Apple’s A9 processor, an NFC chip with support for Apple Pay and a better 12-megapixel camera.
- This smallest iPhone has double the processing power and four times the graphics performance of the iPhone 5S with longer battery life.
The iPhone SE will be released on 31 March for $399 in the US with 16 GB of storage and $499 in the US with 64GB of storage.